Weed-smoking neighbour

(15 Posts)
WittyCakeMeister Fri 19-Aug-16 21:48:25

Just having a moan about a neighbour (few doors down) who smokes weed every day. We live in a really nice neighbourhood, but we can smell weed in our garden most days. It's embarrassing if you have visitors!

He also gets in his car and drives when he's been on the weed. He's quite a lonely, strange guy (knocked on our door at 7am and tried to convince my husband that he was related to him).

Just sayin'

Would you/can I do anything about it? Probably not.

NaturalRBF Fri 19-Aug-16 21:51:25

Ask him where he's getting the good stuff coz there's none around ATM?

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 19-Aug-16 21:52:05

Well you can't turn a blind eye to drunk driving. Report him next time he drives off

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 19-Aug-16 21:52:35

drug driving!!

sharkinthedark Fri 19-Aug-16 21:53:14

Probably not as noticeable to visitors as you think.

PortiaCastis Fri 19-Aug-16 21:54:22

Is his name skunk anasie?

WittyCakeMeister Fri 19-Aug-16 21:55:43

Ha ha NaturalRBF

Unfortunately our visitors notice it and comment on it...
It's a pretty strong smell.

PaperdollCartoon Fri 19-Aug-16 21:57:24

Leave him to it, he's not hurting anyone. Weed is less dangerous than alcohol anyway, you wouldn't have problem with someone drinking wine in their garden.

Mjingaxx Fri 19-Aug-16 21:59:24

Why is it embarrassing for you?? confused

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 19-Aug-16 22:29:18

He's not hurting anyone??

Let's hope nobody high on weed ploughs into any of your family in an out of control car then!

As an ex police officer these kinds of incidents were very common.... High as a kite or paranoia....dangerous either way, hence the law

honeysucklejasmine Fri 19-Aug-16 22:32:25

He's not hurting anyone?!

She says he is driving whilst high. It's only a matter of time.

OP I believe it's a matter of "catching him in the act". Let the police know, and they'll advise you how to help them catch him at it.

Also, cannabis is illegal, despite the "it's no big deal" attitude often seen here.

WittyCakeMeister Fri 19-Aug-16 22:45:10

Why is it embarrassing for me? I'd prefer it if people could not smell the strong sent of hash in my garden. Also its like someone is openly doing drugs every day. It's like the sad scent of addiction. I don't want to be thinking about that when I'm in my own space, entertaining guests.

PaperDollCartoon - You can't smell alcohol, and I would not be keen if I could hear drunkards loudly from my garden every day either.

Mjingaxx Fri 19-Aug-16 22:56:09

It's like the sad scent of addiction

gringringrin

I think you're bit a bit melodramatic OP

WittyCakeMeister Fri 19-Aug-16 23:01:48

Possibly, maybe it affects me more because my Dad had addiction issues.

Perhaps its also hard to empathise if it's not happening where you live.

Mjingaxx Fri 19-Aug-16 23:26:49

It isn't unusual. It happens all over the place. Weed smoking is rife around here. I may have had one myself tonight. We had a weed factory 2 doors down

I'm not sure what there is to empathise with though OP. Is he otherwise a good neighbour? Keeps himself to himself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now