Sick of being DH's Facebook secretary!

(4 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Tue 09-Aug-16 11:41:22

OK I realize this is a very minor one but it's bugging me!
For about 2 or 3 years my husband has not used Facebook. I continue to use it and all his immediate family and several of his friends treat me as his Facebook secretary - e.g. sending me links to show him, invitations to things, or (this one bugs me the most) heartfelt messages about how much they love him, how wonderful a son / brother he is etc. - all expecting me to show him.

Obviously it is nice they are thinking of him, but it really bugs me because they are rubbish at being in touch with him in the ways he'd actually like them to be - e.g. he emails and they don't reply; they don't always respond to his texts etc. On top of this, it's annoying to have to remember to pass it on because sometimes I'll see it when I'm not with him and then have to make a note to pass it on. Plus I just think if you WANT to say something lovely to him why not just say it direct, instead of to the whole of Facebook knowing he won't see it!

What should I do? Continue to pass the messages on? Ignore them? Send messages back saying 'I'm sure he'd love to hear this form you direct - email's the best way to catch him'? I can't work out what to say without sounding rude, especially when the message they want me to pass on is nice. I don't want to embargo his messages as he'd probably like to hear them! I just feel like he chose not to be on Facebook so they should find other ways to be in touch with him, not just go through me instead of speaking to him direct!

BuzzzyBeee Tue 09-Aug-16 11:43:02

I'd reply with his email address saying "not with DH and might forget to pass on. Best to email ................"

VioletBam Tue 09-Aug-16 11:43:52

Add a link to his page for them all.

PurpleWithRed Tue 09-Aug-16 11:45:25

I'd go your route 3 - "i;m sure he;d love to hear this from you direct - email's the best way to catch him" and don't show him any of the messages, if challenged over something he's missed say 'oh I assumed you'd emailed him direct like I suggested, you know he's not on Facebook'.

Alternatively set up a separate Facebook account specifically for this purpose and give it to all the relatives etc. - set it up in his name if he's ok with that then the messages can all go there for him to ignore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now