Help! Mirena coil fitted and in agony

(4 Posts)
pickles90 Thu 28-Jul-16 23:04:34

Hi all... OK so about a week and a half ago I ha's the mirena coil fitted (12 weeks after giving birth)... I had this before so this is the second time I have had it. Was fine when having it put in but I am now in agony... this bit is a bit TMI but.. also when I need the toilet (2) it feels like its going to come out! Or if I cough or sneeze... I have also been bleeding heavily since having this done... is this normal or should I get this checked!? WWYDM?

6demandingchildren Sun 31-Jul-16 07:50:46

My daughter had one and when it was inserted it perforated her uterus. She thought the pain was normal so waited. Best get it checked out xx

pickles90 Sun 31-Jul-16 11:24:44

Thanks for the advice... had it for 2 weeks now... still in pain and still heave bleeding. Will get it checked asap.

Boiing Sun 31-Jul-16 11:29:38

Definitely insist on being seen tmrw, don't let them fob you off with a non emergency appointment. I've read that Mirena can move and injure other organs, its rare but worth checking out asap. It should not hurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now