Leaving a 4 month old

(5 Posts)
applesvpears Wed 20-Jul-16 23:24:58

My OH would like to take me away for a night this weekend and my mum has offered to look after our daughter.

My mum has looked after her over night before and I trust her completely. On the other nights we have dropped her off and then the next morning got there as early as possible to collect her because we missed her.

This time we will be much further away and I feel a bit unsure about it. Sorry for sounding dramatic but I feel a bit like a bad mum for dumping my daughter with her granny whilst OH and I swan off for the night...

Of course it isn't really like that, OH thinks I deserve a break and DM loves having her granddaughter to stay.

What would you do? Is 4 months too young to go away and not be local?

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 20-Jul-16 23:29:37

Go.

Seriously. Shes loved and well cared forby someone you trust.

Go enjoy yurself your baby will be fine.

Portobelly Wed 20-Jul-16 23:37:24

How wonderful. Go!
We haven't had even an evening without our now 18mo.
I wish we had done this!

FrazzleM Wed 20-Jul-16 23:37:59

Why do you feel unsure OP? Is there anything specific you're concerned about?

I get a bit panicky leaving my kids too. It's natural. I often think I worry more about it at night. Is this the case with you?

Despite this, every time I've went away I've always enjoyed myself! Your DH is right: all mothers deserve a break of some sort.

applesvpears Thu 21-Jul-16 22:11:12

Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I feel anxious because (and I know this sounds stupidly soppy..) but I feel such a bond with my DD and feel a bit lost when she is not with me.
OH has booked the hotel anyway so we are definitely going grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now