Hotel booked on booking.com and now can't go? Where do I stand

(6 Posts)
user1468439722 Sun 17-Jul-16 22:16:22

Hi

A couple of months ago we booked a hotel for 2 night for me and dh to get away for a couple of nights child free, used booking.com and stupidly never read the small print.
Now we aren't able to go for various reasons, went to cancel it and saw that this booking wasn't free cancellations which means we are still going to get charged whether we go or not?
Any ideas? Can't afford to be paying out £200+ for nothing
Tia

DanniiMinogue Sun 17-Jul-16 22:18:24

Surely there's nothing you can do with regards to the fee. Can anyone else go ie sister/friends and buy it from you?

user1468439722 Sun 17-Jul-16 22:20:21

No, have already tried that and there's no one.
I know it's my own fault for not reading properly but didn't even cross my mind that we would even need to cancel.

Try calling the hotel direct. I had to cancel a booking.com booking and the hotel were very flexible. It will obviously vary between hotels though.

welshweasel Sun 17-Jul-16 22:27:34

Not much you can do. Booking.com is very clear about T+C and offers deals with free cancellation at a premium (although usually still good value). You may have some luck with changing the date if you approach the hotel directly but there is no way you will get a refund unless the reason you can't go is something you could claim on travel insurance.

user1468439722 Sun 17-Jul-16 22:29:18

Will try calling the hotel in the morning..and see if I have any luck, can't see it though xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now