I am fuming with DDs school. Thoughts please.

(1 Post)
forcryinoutloud Wed 13-Jul-16 18:36:03

To cut a very long story short DD is going into what's termed the 'upper school' in Sept and I happened to be aware that there is some alteration to the uniform. I checked the school website to see what I needed to order, wanting to get it sorted well in advance of Sept.

I rang the shop and ordered the items (nearly £25), paid for postage as I could not be bothered with the long trek to the actual shop. The uniform duly arrived, I opened it to find that some items were, as I thought, the wrong colour. Phoned the shop to say so and was told well that was the only colour they stock for DDs school, I told them that was strange as it said differently on the website and questioned whether the young lady was right. In the end, as it was Saturday I said I would ring school on Mon.

On Monday I rang the office, told them that what the website stated and the shop stated/delivered were two different colours, which is correct? Office went to check, seemed to find it amusing, and said that the website is wrong 'but hey it's no prob Mrs Forcryinoutloud as you can get a refund'. I remained calm and came off the phone but excuse me for a little online not in RL sweary rant...here goes

YES I CAN GET A FUCKIN REFUND BUT HOW AM I GOING TO GET IT, IS THE MAGIC FAIRY GOING TO TAKE IT BACK TO THE SHOP FOR ME AND THE MONEY MAGICALLY APPEAR IN MY ACCOUNT? NO, I AM GOING TO EITHER DO A 2 HOUR ROUND TRIP ON FOUR FUCKIN BUSES TO THE SHOP OR WRAP THE STUFF UP, TREK TO POST OFFICE AND PAY FOUR QUID POSTAGE. EITHER WAY IT'S A COMPLETE PAIN IN THE ARSE AND AS I HAVE A HOME TO RUN, 2 CHILDREN AND A BUSY JOB I'VE ACTUALLY GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME! AAAGGHHHHH!

After mulling the above rant over in my head I though 'sod this for a game of soldiers, why should I' so I rang and spoke to Headteachers secretary the next day asking for some input from the Head, meaning I want some sort of refund for your error, you have put me out of pocket and had me telling some poor woman in a shop that she is wrong! (Please note, during our conversation the secretary asked me if the website was correct or not shock). So then I get the usual answer, certainly not for the first time off the school, of 'I'll get back to you on that Mrs Forcryinoutloud'. Well I've waited nearly two days now and not a dicky bird and the school shuts for summer on Friday.

I am poised over Microsoft Word to send a letter to the Head. BTW, don't remember, at any point hearing the that phrase, which in customer relations is worth it's weight in gold, 'oh I am very sorry about that'. But maybe I expect too much?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now