Really random but wwyd

(6 Posts)
user1468343863 Wed 13-Jul-16 16:05:48

And I mean reallllly random....

What would your reaction be if you saw someone slaughter a sheep. And you were not expecting it. Not in an abattoir or even a farm.

Just for a religious sacrifice purpose.

What would be your natural reaction. (No right or wrong answer, just curious)

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 13-Jul-16 16:09:20

My reaction would depend on lots of questions.
Where were they doing it? In public or private?
Did they own the sheep?
Was the sheep's welfare accounted for? I.e a quick death or was it left in pain?
What happened to the sheep afterwards?

mzS1990 Wed 13-Jul-16 16:48:27

Sensible answer!
Anyone else ?

OopsThereGoMyTrousers Wed 13-Jul-16 16:51:00

Was the sheep out of control, dashing round Baaaing in a dangerous manner?

GandalfsWrinklyHat Wed 13-Jul-16 16:58:42

I have seen a goat and chickens slaughtered ritually in a place you would absolutely not expect it. I kind of stumbled upon it while I was walking along the beach to clear my head (after nightshift). I was horrified and it made me feel very uneasy. Felt very guilty as I felt as if I had to stand up for the animals but could not interfere? And felt like a hypocrite as I eat meat and where thats how my dinner gets to my plate! Was not a nice experience. (Not in UK)

mzS1990 Wed 13-Jul-16 17:39:48

Oops- no it was fairly quick

Gandalf- exactly how I felt too. My husband seems to think me being horrified by it isn't normal...and I'm a hypocrite cos I eat meat...
It wasn't in the uk... And the fact I'm british and we don't see things like that ever ( do we?!) ...
Just wanted to know if any other british women (or men) would have found it a shock also or if I'm a sensitive weird creep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now