Sulking motger

(3 Posts)
user1468332968 Tue 12-Jul-16 15:25:58

Hi
My mum who is in her mid 60s has been refusing to communicate with me for the last 3 days. It started when, during a mild disagreement I was having with my husband over something really trivial, she butted in and defended him. I was annoyed because I don't think she should have involved herself and so I snapped at her "who asked you" or words to that effect. That prompted her to flounce off and shut herself in her room for the rest of the day. We were on holiday together for the weekend, we left that evening and I have since tried to contact her several times but she won't respond. I feel a big bad for snapping at her but also feel this sulking is a huge and ridiculous over reaction. Should I apologise or just ignore it? It's not the first time something like this has happened and it is always me that has to make all the effort to get things back to normal and am just getting tired of it. Don't have the energy and it stresses me out! Any advice? Thx

AWafferthinmint Tue 12-Jul-16 18:14:52

I would just ignore. If you don't contact her will she eventually give in?

user1468332968 Tue 12-Jul-16 18:26:24

Thanks - will leave it a couple of days and see if she comes round, fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now