Model agency

(14 Posts)
xxwoodysmummyxx Mon 11-Jul-16 23:02:57

Hi everyone, just Abit of advice? I applied to a modelling agency for my baby boy he was accepted so we went along to a shoot today!! They called us into a room after the shoot and it was great news they wanted to off him a 12 month contract!! but then they asked for a £150 deposit and the rest at a later date I don't know if I should pay this people r telling me different things I have looked it up and the reviews are not good at all people saying the have paid the £150 and had no portfolio or no work and others saying different!! What u think ladies xx

FourFlapjacksPlease Mon 11-Jul-16 23:06:38

no, no no! Don't do it. Definitely a scam. No reputable agency will ask for cash up front. What is the agency name?

Quodlibet Mon 11-Jul-16 23:07:20

No reputable model agency asks you for money upfront. It's a scam and you won't make the money back. Sorry.

Wolfiefan Mon 11-Jul-16 23:07:54

Deposit for what? No reputable agency will charge you for photos like this.

Floggingmolly Mon 11-Jul-16 23:08:13

1. They ask everyone for £150.
2. You do not have a contract and they will not find you any work.
3. You should have read the reviews before, not after "signing".
4. You know all this already.

WellErrr Mon 11-Jul-16 23:11:27

Do you really have to ask?

Really??

xxwoodysmummyxx Mon 11-Jul-16 23:12:22

It's called model I went to studio 44 in Manchester and then they send the pics to the agency I haven't signed anything yet I said I would get back to them, they wanted the £150 for a portfolio which they said he needed or he won't get any work xx

Cataline Mon 11-Jul-16 23:13:45

It's a scam. Don't sign anything.

WellErrr Mon 11-Jul-16 23:14:13

Ok.

Real modelling agencies do not require you to pay them. They find your child work and then they take a commission from the earnings. That's how they work.

Con artists on the other hand, get new parents along for a 'shoot' get them all excited and 'accept' their child, take their money and then bugger off.

No. Reputable. Modelling. Agency. Will. Expect. A. Deposit.

And you've already read bad reviews!?

Cataronga Mon 11-Jul-16 23:16:06

One of my family is a model, you DO NOT pay them!!

Rainbowqueeen Mon 11-Jul-16 23:16:44

What WellErr said

Also ask yourself - why do you want your child to work???? Can't your DC just enjoy being a child? hmm

SirNiallDementia Mon 11-Jul-16 23:18:30

No reputable model agency asks you to pay for portfolio pictures.

It is highly unlikely your son will get any work as 1) there is a massive over-supply of people wanting their kids to model and 2) many scam agencies (like the one you've been to) take money for a "portfolio" then fail to get the child any work.

You have not entered into any contract yet so I would just say thanks but no thanks. If you want some lovely photos of your baby I'm sure there are some reputable local photographers who can do some for far less than £150.

OvariesBeforeBrovaries Mon 11-Jul-16 23:20:59

It's a scam. They'll try and pressure you when you back out but don't let them fool you; they will take your money and you will get nothing. If you're really keen on the idea, look into reputable theatre and acting agencies for children; they're more heavily regulated IME and will look for modelling work for your child too. It's not a great industry to push your child into though; I'd really advise against it.

xxwoodysmummyxx Mon 11-Jul-16 23:27:38

Ok thank u all for your comments and advice I will leave it and say no if they contact me, ldon't want my child to work I just thought it would be a good opportunity as I think he is such a beautiful little boy xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now