DDs report is written with the wrong name

(6 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Mon 11-Jul-16 17:40:25

So dd has a popular name that can be spelt a number of ways - there are 3 other girls in her class with the same name but all spell it differently. I've just got her report - 4 pages and her name is spelt wrong throughout the whole thing - it is spelt the same as another girl in her class. It is a very generic report - nothing that will identify it as my DDs over someone else. I am a very non-confrontational person and don't know if I should say something to her (very lovely) teacher. Wwyd and say?

Eeeek686 Mon 11-Jul-16 17:50:41

I don't think I would be cheesed off in your position but I would definitely wing off a quick email to her teacher along the lines of gently pointing out the error with the intention of clarifying it really was DD's report! As she is lovely and it surely was a genuine error, You could always soften the tone by sympathising with the potential for confusion with name spellings at such a busy and pressured time of year?

scrappydappydoo Mon 11-Jul-16 18:32:45

Thanks eeeek - I'm not angry just want to make sure I have the right report. Just feel really awkward raising it. To be fair dd is always known by her nickname rather than long version of her name so it's no surprise if there was a mix up.

wornoutboots Tue 12-Jul-16 15:21:30

just ask smile you do want to be sure you have the right report, after all!

Missgraeme Thu 28-Jul-16 10:10:46

Nip it in the bud. . My son left primary school with them misspelling his surname. Some people might say it doesn't matter but if the report /certificate /book is for your child it should have your child's version of the spelling or its hardly theirs!!

drspouse Thu 28-Jul-16 10:42:47

My DS has a fairly uncommon, fairly long name with one cough correct spelling (his) and two cough incorrect spellings (those used by cough other parents). Nursery misspelled his name in the transition report.

His name was also written by the HV as easily confused shorter name that isn't related and he himself gets very annoyed because LOTS of people call him that.

I picked them all up on this. It matters.

(Our SW had to write a report on us as a family for our second adoption and at the end was cursing us for giving him a long name. She also misspelled it and we picked her up on it. Sigh).

DH has a first name and a surname that have alternative spellings. I have a first name and a surname ditto. So does DS. By the time we got to DD we picked a first name that - as far as we know - has no alternative spellings. People still try to shorten it...

(OK perhaps the other parents might be right about how to spell the name but not as right as me.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now