Employment opportunity

(3 Posts)
Hadagutsful Sat 09-Jul-16 13:00:14

I saw a job advertised on an employer's website. I sent an email asking for more details and received a response the same day with the extra details and inviting me to send in my CV which I did the next day (after updating it and writing a nice cover letter to go with it).

I heard nothing for a week, so I emailed again asking if there was any progress with my application and if not I understood but would appreciate any feedback they could give me to improve my CV.

I've still not had any response. Do I assume I've not been successful or should I leave it a bit longer and then ring? The ad is still on their website, though there's no closing date.

So as not to drip feed: employer is not likely to be so inundated with prospective candidates that they can't manage to respond (rural area, not a big business) and they don't have a great track record for responding to enquiries (though as I said up thread, my initial email received a response pretty quickly).

Don't want to lose an opportunity because I didn't chase it up but equally well I don't want to come over as pushy!

NewIdeasToday Sat 09-Jul-16 13:35:33

I think if you ask for feedback again that would be rather pushy. They've got your application so now you just have to wait.

Hadagutsful Sat 09-Jul-16 16:14:05

Ok thanks, I feared that might be the case. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now