Neighbours dog

(3 Posts)
Amanda89x Thu 07-Jul-16 19:20:59

My neighbour upstairs has 3 dogs and doesn't seem to care for them properly. He'll just open his door and let them run up and down the stairs to get out into the garden then shut the door once they're finished. I don't have a problem with this, but they bark every time they run out and occasionally (today for example) he seems to go out and just leave the dogs to roam about the close which means they constantly bark and will pee in the close.

I had been planning to have a conversation about it with him as I've already had to chap his door before to let him know he had shut one of the dogs out, but we had an argument the other week as he was trying to kick in his door while I was trying to settle my newborn daughter and if I'm honest, I'm a bit scared of him as I've heard him shouting on a few occasions:

Is it just me or does this come under animal negligence?

mortgagefreesoon5 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:14:32

Gosh! Is he really keeping 3 dogs in a flat?Poor things, not wonder why they bark. I'd definitely speak to him, maybe someone comes along later with advice on what/how to say it. Are you/is he renting? Because if that is the case I'd raise my concerns with the landlord.
I am not sure if it is illegal to keep 3 dogs in a flat but it is certainly not fair on them.
Are other neighbours affected? Try and find out, maybe you get a bit of support also.
You certainly shouldn't be afraid to speak up and defend your right of "quiet enjoyment" of your home. It is your life and you ve got a beautiful new baby to take care of.

Missgraeme Thu 28-Jul-16 10:15:58

Report him to the council if he allows them to foul outside. If u have concerns about the dogs phone the rspca.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now