DS had an unpleasant incident at school

(9 Posts)
MissHooliesclassmonitor Tue 21-Jun-16 16:28:40

Hi there, just needing advice as to how to play this! DS (11) had a boy ramming his head into his privates saying "I'm sucking your dick!" at school, teacher not around but was told by other children about it. The kid was made to apologise and the teacher said his parents would be contacted but I have little faith that she will as he is known to be very mouthy (F* this F* that) and nothing ever seems to be done.
I have contacted the school about it, I dont usually as I think live and let live and the kid isnt my problem, but I think this is so disgusting and DS was so mortified that I want something done this time.
WWYD? What would you expect from the school?
Thanks x

Newtobecomingamum Wed 22-Jun-16 21:34:13

I would expect the school to investigate, speak to all involved, speak to the child that carried out the act and get him assessed or see a councillor, the child also to be given a punishment and have training or attend a course on appropriate behaviour etc. I would also insist that the parent of the child be notified. It's actually an assault, I would insist the above was carried out by the school or I would report to the police. How awful for your son. Hope is ok x

apple1992 Sat 25-Jun-16 08:56:32

Unfortunately as the other child isn't yours, you don't get much say. His behaviour sounds concerning and I'd make the assumption that it is to do with the parenting, so I'd be feeling sorry for him! Hopefully the school has done what they need to do from their end, but don't expect them to report back.

uglyflowers Sun 26-Jun-16 16:40:22

I think I would contact social services. It is not normal for an 11yr old to say things like that and it could indicate abuse at home.

MrsHathaway Sun 26-Jun-16 17:05:03

I would expect the school not to tell you what was happening with the other child, particularly once safeguarding triggers are hit.

fuckincuntbuggerinarse Sun 26-Jun-16 17:06:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catkind Sun 26-Jun-16 17:17:08

WTS, you can't expect to be told how the other child is dealt. But you can ask what the school are doing to protect and help your son.

MissHooliesclassmonitor Wed 29-Jun-16 11:14:01

Thank you for the replies. Fortunately it was taken seriously and sorted out (as much as it could be with the child denying it despite witnesses)just glad the kid isnt mine....

SproutingParsnip Thu 30-Jun-16 22:24:20

There's quite a bit of gay (man on man) oral sex in the BBC2 series 'Versailles' that's on at the moment. It certainly doesn't condone the boy's behaviour, but it may help explain where he may have picked it up from. The programme is fairly sexually graphic from the start at 9pm and his family circumstances may not be protecting him from it as perhaps they should.
Glad the incident with your son is being investigated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now