Creative ways to tell him you're pregnant?

(6 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Tue 14-Jun-16 09:53:44

Just a purely hypothetical question but as we are TTC I was just thinking - do you think it's good to tell your OH pregnancy news in a creative way, or is it a bit much? I wouldn't go in for a Facebook announcement, but I mean when getting a positive test is it best to just tell him straight or do a lovely 'reveal moment'. I remember when he proposed it was just so lovely to be given such a wonderful, thoughtful surprise and I'd kind of like to get to do something like that for him... I know it's different but it's still giving someone a lovely surprise, essentially. He wants the baby so no worries about him not taking the news well. I have heard stories of people buying a children's book about Daddy as a present, or giving him a calendar with a date marked on, or giving him some other baby thing. Is it best to just be straight though? It's our first so bound to be fairly overwhelming news anyway!

Onedaftmonkey Sun 26-Jun-16 19:19:34

I saw a lovely one on the internet. She baked him a cake with blue sponge in so when he cut it he knew it was a biy. Obviously pink for a girl. Thought it was a sweet way to do it.

BabyBumpHopeful Thu 30-Jun-16 03:47:10

Depends on your DH.

Mine I told while waving the pregnancy test and saying "guess who doesn't need a sperm test!" (we were about to schedule one the following month if still nothing - having tried for almost 18 months with no result). He didn't know what I was waving, was extremely confused and then said he didn't believe me because you can buy them on Ebay... in his defense, I found out on April Fools Day!

his parents I told by reminding them of my sister and her family coming to town for Christmas this year and saying "we've got someone else who will be coming too, don't know if it's a boy or girl yet..."

Most everyone else though I told by just blurting out "I'm pregnant!"

AdultingIsNotWhatIExpected Thu 30-Jun-16 03:54:20

I saw a lovely one on the internet. She baked him a cake with blue sponge in so when he cut it he knew it was a biy. Obviously pink for a girl. Thought it was a sweet way to do it.

isn't that revealing the sex, not the pregnancy? unless she didn't tell him until she was halfway through and probably had a bump and been over most of the sickness???

littlejeopardy Thu 30-Jun-16 04:00:42

I felt exactly the same way as you OP, I wanted to give my DH the proposal experience. My plan was to simply get home before him one day and to have a cigar and a shot of whisky ready to present to him with the news 'you're going to be a dad!'

But it didn't work out like that. The first test I took was past its expiry date and came up negative. I was so nervous about taking another one that I waited a couple of weeks by which time DH knew something was up so he ended up being with me in the bathroom when I took the second test and we found out together after all.

But I would say go for it OP! And good luck!

FoxesSitOnBoxes Thu 30-Jun-16 05:14:41

Totally depends on your relationship but I find the whole idea really naff (sorry!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now