Toddlers food for nursery

(3 Posts)
XIIILC Fri 10-Jun-16 13:00:57

What do you all send your kids to nursery with? My sons been at nursery since April, but only mornings. Tuesday he'll be doing a full day, so I need to send him with a lunch. Not sure what to put in as the lunches he has at home are generally cold foods like cheese and ham, salad and yogurt etc. As far as I'm aware, they don't have a fridge for cold foods. I don't know anyone else there or spoken to anybody so I've no idea what they take.

Any suggestions?

dementedpixie Fri 10-Jun-16 13:03:39

Could you send it in a cool bag with a small ice pack as that's what we do for school packed lunches

AGrinWithoutACat Fri 10-Jun-16 21:18:14

I would talk to the nursery and find out what facilities they have - they may have more than you think, the advice they gave me was 'whatever she'll eat at home'

DD (16 months) generally has a small cheese or ham sandwich cut into fingers, a handful of raisins, a small sausage, a yoghurt and a biscuit.

Sometimes she will have some plain cereal to crunch.

If she is likely to eat it a banana or an apple or a handful of grapes

I have mixed and matched the sandwich with oatcakes or rice cakes

Other days she will have leftovers to heat up as her nursery has the facilities for this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now