wowcher voucher disaster

(4 Posts)
Cupcakeannie77 Tue 07-Jun-16 21:30:52

I was bought a gift voucher for a well known high end hotel spa at Christmas. (£75) it had an expiration of end April 16. I called, emailed, called some more to try and book a date with no success. So I called the hotel and vented my displeasure at the spa's lack of response. They managed to get someone from the spa to call me (16th Feb) and arrange booking. After asking me when I would like to go I quickly realised I was not going to be accommodated and would have to fit around them. The only date mutually agreeable was June 10th (this Friday) so I arrange childcare for 3yr old (book nursery session) arrange for 7yr old to be picked up by school mum and fed (favour repayment) till husband could pick up at 5. Anyway last week I get email saying that due to unforeseen circumstances they were cancelling my appointment due to building maintenance and the best option would be to contact my voucher provider for refund. I have two problems
1. The voucher expired in April and wowcher won't refund. When I booked appointment spa said don't worry about expiration date it's not a problem.
2. I have to pay for childcare I now don't need and have lost mum favour (although fellow mum will probably understand)

Spa are not answering emails or phone. I'm thinking of going in person to get my money back but I'd like some WWYD advice on how to handle it. Or have you experienced this. TIA

TutanKaDashian Wed 08-Jun-16 08:42:36

Twitter is your friend here. During times I have been totally unable to get through on the phone or via email, a tweet or two explaining exactly the issue has (9/10) got a response extremely quickly. Sometimes as soon as 20 mins! Companies hate negative public comments. Just keep tweeting and encouraging others to retweet. If you aren't on Twitter then get on there ASAP and follow a few hundred people and some of them will start following you.

Cupcakeannie77 Wed 08-Jun-16 21:11:16

Ooo thanks! That's a fab idea. I'm on it now! smile

Woodhill Thu 16-Jun-16 21:45:46

Sorry to hear this.

I was thinking about using them for a spa deal but worry that it's not straight forward.

Anyone else had success with this company?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now