Borderline sexual harrassment

(3 Posts)
livelyredjellybean Sun 05-Jun-16 12:37:21

Need some advice from some wise MNers on behalf of a friend. My DP and I, along with his colleague (R) and his DP (M) all live (in separate accommodation) on site at the guy's work place. Their boss and his W live on site in their house also. R and M are quite young - 20 and 19 - and the boss is late 40s, early 50s. Boss has an obvious crush on M. Examples: he will check on her at her accommodation 4 or 5 times a day; in contrast he only ever comes to mine to see if my DP is around.
This morning M reversed her car into a ditch. Rather than allowing R to go and tow her out and make sure she was ok, boss dashed off to help her. His behaviour is getting beyond a joke!
Considering he is both employer and landlord, does anyone have any advice on how R and M should tackle him? He can be quite an unreasonable man at times. I am worried about M as she is so young.

sepa Tue 07-Jun-16 07:45:55

Is this the sort of thing that citizens advise could help with? Have you discussed this with M and R?
The problem with going in all guns blazing on the above info is that I'm not sure it would be taken seriously if you went an official route (I say this because like other sexual abuse, is very hard prove as it's usually her word against his)

livelyredjellybean Tue 07-Jun-16 08:21:15

Yes, M and R arent pleased with his behaviour either. But I am not sure if M realises just how dangerous it could be. I have seen it before when it begins like this but then turns physical. I think Citizens Advice could well be a good idea! Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now