DD swallowed her tooth in her sleep

(15 Posts)
Fiona80 Sun 05-Jun-16 07:32:58

DD6 came crying into my room that she had swallowed her tooth while asleep. Don't know what to do, will it harm her?

She is so upset as it is inside her n also cause there's no tooth for tooth fairy.

TeaStory Sun 05-Jun-16 07:35:38

It won't do her any harm.

Get her to write a note to the tooth fairy explaining what happened and leave it under her pillow, I think they are very understanding wink

Gizlotsmum Sun 05-Jun-16 07:36:03

No harm. Tell her the tooth fairy understands this happens and is happy to accept the gap as 'payment'. ( my dd swallowed hers on the way home). Maybe write a note to the tooth fairy to explain.. And one back from the tooth fairy

StealthPolarBear Sun 05-Jun-16 07:36:26

It won't harm her. We've had his happen and dd was so upset. You have to write a special letter for the fairy. She writes back usually.
If you can get confirmation from any of the official staff that's brilliant (ds swallowed his at school and the school secretary wrote one for us) but if not it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Paulat2112 Sun 05-Jun-16 07:36:52

Happened to my DD twice! Haha it wont harm her. My DD wrote a letter to the tooth fairy explaining what happened and put that under her pillow. Tooth fairy still visited smile

Hassled Sun 05-Jun-16 07:37:13

The tooth fairy definitely still came when DS2 swallowed a tooth with a piece of doughnut. The tooth fairies know when this sort of thing happens and they make allowances.

She'll poo the tooth out eventually - it'll be fine. But tooth fairies don't want poo-ey teeth so there's no need to keep looking for it.

Believeitornot Sun 05-Jun-16 07:38:15

Has she been watching horrid Henry wink

lougle Sun 05-Jun-16 07:39:14

We don't leave teeth under pillows - we leave them in a pot on the shelf in the bathroom, where the tooth fairy can check without waking sleeping childrenwinkwink but at any rate, the tooth fairy can also check sewers with notice, and she's happy to become the poo fairy - she's not proud!star

Fiona80 Sun 05-Jun-16 08:55:19

Relieved to hear that it's happened to others.

Great idea about the note.

GreenMarkerPen Sun 05-Jun-16 08:58:34

happened here too.
dc drew a picture of a tooth and put it in an envelope to put under the pillow.
the swallowed tooth didn't cause digestive discomfort and we didn't look for it

EarSlaps Sun 05-Jun-16 09:14:06

DS's friend lost his at the park when he was round ours for a play. I did suggest he didn't wiggle it in case he lost it, but six year old boys aren't the best at listening grin.

When his dad collected him we agreed that the tooth fairy would probably be happy with a note.

Cakedoesntjudge Sun 05-Jun-16 09:16:35

I swallowed a tooth when I was little and wrote a note to the 'toof fairy' - my mum still carries it around in her purse and pulls it out to embarrass me show people whenever she can 20 odd years later grin

HemlockStarglimmer Sun 05-Jun-16 12:16:56

In our house the Tooth Fairy and the Sewer Rats sort this sort of thing out between them, and sure enough the money appears. grin

McBassyPants Wed 15-Jun-16 06:33:56

Might bite a bit enroute out 😁

prettycunning Wed 15-Jun-16 07:03:50

I've told my kids if you swallow a tooth you have to sleep with your mouth open so she will put on protective wetsuit on and go get it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now