Neighbours weird lights

(19 Posts)
babynugget Sat 04-Jun-16 23:54:00

Totally random here.... My neighbours have a bathroom window that faces into DS bedroom window about 5 to 6 ft away. Every night this window is in darkness apart from this weird white flashing/strobe kind of light that stays on all night. I have googled to see if i can figure out what this is but to no avail. It doesn't bother my DS in anyway, in fact he has never mentioned it, it's us that have noticed but I am just too nosey and want to know what the hell it could be?? Remember this is in a bathroom!?! hmm

legotits Sat 04-Jun-16 23:54:46

Toothbrush charger.
Mine is like a lighthouse

summerblues Sat 04-Jun-16 23:55:20

Charger for a toothbrush was my first thought.

babynugget Sun 05-Jun-16 00:02:12

What the hell kind of toothbrush do you have?!?? Really?? Would that light up the whole room? Makes sense I guess..... Maybe was secretly hoping for something scandalous! shock

legotits Sun 05-Jun-16 00:03:37

First time I went for a pee I thought fucking close encounters had started.

Completely unnecessary.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sun 05-Jun-16 00:04:09

DH used to charge his toothbrush in the bedroom. It was a nightmare (I made him cover it up).

babynugget Sun 05-Jun-16 00:07:10

Ok but here's a bit of background. Prior to this we noticed in their back bedroom an extremely bright white light (continuous) for months, then it moved to another room and now this in the bathroom. Do we have aliens next door? Am I just too nosey? Or is there some other (more scandalous) explanation?!?

QuestionableMouse Sun 05-Jun-16 00:08:16

They're growing pot. not really

babynugget Sun 05-Jun-16 00:11:10

shockyes scandal that's more like it wink

babynugget Sun 05-Jun-16 00:14:06

WIBU if I broke into their house and checked their toothbrush? hmm and maybe check out their wallpaper and choice of crockery while I was there?

legotits Sun 05-Jun-16 00:16:33

Check their teeth.

FastWindow Sun 05-Jun-16 00:16:47

Do it. Report back. Portmeirion or Tesco?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Or a blackout curtain, although you did say it doesn't seen to bother him...

FastWindow Sun 05-Jun-16 00:17:36

Seem* fail

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sun 05-Jun-16 00:19:22

DH's toothbrush flashes blue lights (so like a police car in your bedroom).

Does that help you to rule out likely suggestions and determine that they are aliens doing something nefarious?

babynugget Sun 05-Jun-16 00:27:28

Thank you all for help. I will indeed check their teeth as surely a toothbrush doesn't need charged every night unless they are a bit OCD about their teeth?!? In which case I would expect them to have Daz white smiles.

I will also consider the black ops reconnaissance mission as am in the market for new crockery (They look like Denby types to me). Can anyone lend me some night vision goggles (unconfirmed reports of a canine in the property) hmm

Incidentally I just had too Google nefarious but am now enlightened. I love how mumsnet broadens my mind!

FastWindow Sun 05-Jun-16 00:56:09

Here <hands over a set of lightly used night vision goggles >

Do be careful. Denby is nice but chips easily.

MargotLovedTom Sun 05-Jun-16 01:02:05

How could you charge a toothbrush in the bathroom though? There isn't usually a socket in a bathroom.

legotits Sun 05-Jun-16 01:03:07

Shaver socket Marge .

MargotLovedTom Sun 05-Jun-16 01:06:51

Ah ok. I've only seen them in hotel bathrooms and not in any domestic one I've been in - I'm obviously mixing with plebs grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now