Have you recognised yourself on MN?

(12 Posts)
Badgoushk Tue 31-May-16 23:14:59

Just wondering if anyone has recognised themselves in a Mumsnet thread? Maybe someone thought you were being unreasonable?! I do worry about oversharing in case the other person recognises themselves!

Owllady Tue 31-May-16 23:18:37

No but I've been outed twice in rl in that some in rl told a story I'd told them and someone said is that so and so on mn
So now I just don't overshare! And namechanged a while ago smile

Owllady Tue 31-May-16 23:19:37

Tbf f I most prob still overshare confused

Glittermud Tue 31-May-16 23:24:07

Yes. It was a little disconcerting.

Badgoushk Tue 31-May-16 23:26:07

Oh no Glitter!

AddToBasket Tue 31-May-16 23:27:02

No, but I can be RL U so I might end up here soon enough.

I think someone in my office is one of the well known MNers.

MaisieDotes Tue 31-May-16 23:32:45

Not MN but another forum. I was having an altercation with someone, work related.

I googled the subject of the altercation, just to make sure I was right, even though I knew I was.

Up comes this thread from the PoV of my adversary- all the details were there but the tone was victim-y.

I nearly had to register as a member to reply but luckily some other posters came along and set her straight. Never heard from her again.

I still plan to greet her with "oh hello, username " if/ when I meet her again.

Badgoushk Tue 31-May-16 23:50:38

Ha! Masie. Brilliant!

FurryWalls Wed 01-Jun-16 00:02:28

Yes, I have. In a not very nice way.

Janefromdowntheroad Wed 01-Jun-16 00:04:47

No. But change my username all the time to stop being searchable if someone does 'find' me

YabuDabbaDoo Wed 01-Jun-16 00:12:45

I did get followed here by someone during my last pregnancy who wanted more access to me and she clearly knew what I'd been talking about on MN. It was nothing particularly worrying subject-wise (me complaining about cracked nipples, that sort of thing) and then every time I saw her she'd do things like steer the conversation towards lansinoh... Happened too often to be co-incidence and was a bit creepy. I was tempted to start a fake thread about worrying I'd given all my friends headlice or something just to see if she would be direct about it, but in the end I just resolved to name-change regularly!

DownUnderBound Tue 28-Jun-16 14:36:45

add to basket what makes you think that, the way they say things? Only asking cos I think I identified one of the 'well known' posters...but I never said anything. Was a hunch and a recognition of their writing style

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now