collect gift card or not?

(1 Post)
36mum Fri 27-May-16 09:30:18

I recently pointed out to staff in my local supermarket that there was a box of pepperami almost a month out of date, they thanked me for letting them know and said they would remove them. I went in the next day and they were still on the shelf, I took a photo and sent it to their customer services on Twitter who said they had spoken to the manager and it would be removed. It wasn't and as far as I know it was still there 6 days later. I continued to tell the customer services on Twitter each day it was still there. It was a bit of a joke really.

I had a message yesterday saying the manager would like to give me a £10 gift card for pointing it out. But I'm to embarrassed to actually go in and ask for it. I asked the customer services to post it me but they said the manager is expecting me. Which really makes me feel worse. A couple of months ago I pointed out and out of date item that was 7 months out of date! I can't just ignore it as someone could be really ill and I'd really like the £10 gift card but haven't got the guts to put my face to my Twitter post. It would make me feel awkward to go in again.

What would you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now