"Friends"

(4 Posts)
FuckAbout Wed 25-May-16 21:08:43

I have just realized that my best friends have been emotionally blackmailing me and trying to dupe me out of money.

I'm so hurt and shocked by this, I don't know how to react. I'm not the sort of person to confront them about it. But I can't let them go on thinking they can carry on doing this or that I'm okay with it.

I have barely any friends and these people are the only people I really classed as friends. But they're obviously not MY friends if they are trying to con me out of money, and emotionally blackmailing me if I don't do something they want me to.

I can't take it anymore!

Openmindedmonkey Wed 25-May-16 21:24:01

It's a shitty situation & you have my sympathy, I imagine you are feeling lonely now & that is just not fair - some people are such selfish barstards.
A few years ago a close 'friend' of mine did this to me; she probably had a couple of hundred pounds off me & some clothes, toiletries & other stuff - even food - that she claimed to to be unable to afford. In the end I washed my hands of her; it was hard & I miss her, but I had to stop her manipulating me. I went nc, it took a while & some strength to resist the pleas, but I did it.
So please, break free. You owe it to yourself.
flowers

Openmindedmonkey Fri 27-May-16 11:03:16

No one else??

GeekLove Fri 27-May-16 11:06:35

You're not alone in feeling friendless. At least you found out in time. You're better off without them. There is no harm in having a decent quality control but it's damn hard making friends at any time of life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now