don't fancy my other half

(8 Posts)
inneedofagood Sun 15-May-16 09:06:46

Hey girls. I'm very new to all this but thought I'd just put this out there.

Does anyone else, like me, totally not fancy their other half? I can't bear to have sex with him. He's always complaining. I love him. He's the father of my child but I just don't fancy him. I don't want to break up. We have a laugh. I just don't want to have sex with him and only do it on special occasions like when we go away for a weekend. What do you think?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 15-May-16 09:07:41

Did you ever fancy him?

BlueMoonRising Sun 15-May-16 09:20:02

When you say he is always complaining - is he complaining that you don't have sex, or is he complaining about everything generally and that is why you don't fancy him?
What age is your child?
Is it that you don't want sex generally, or is it that you specifically don't want sex with him?

Branleuse Sun 15-May-16 09:33:27

i think you need to work on why youre not attracted to him, and if you really are just friends with the occasional pity shag, then youre better off being honest about that

inneedofagood Sun 15-May-16 09:41:10

He is always complaining that we don't have sex. He brings it up a lot. I did fancy once upon a time, but never mad crazy lust I suppose. We have such a laugh together but the dreaded sex conversation happens from time to time. I don't want his affection as I'm afraid it will lead to him trying it on. Our child is one. But I don't want to break up, I just don't need a sex life. That might sound crazy, but I'm happy. Is this wrong of me?

Branleuse Sun 15-May-16 09:55:36

do you fancy other people ever?

Its not so much that its wrong, but it is dishonest and stringing someone along a bit.

Dont you think your partner, and you, deserve to be wanted in your relationships

314inTheSkye Sun 15-May-16 13:18:48

How did you get together?!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 15-May-16 13:42:13

If you don't see this changing I think you should tell him and let him find someone who is attracted to him . Unless of course he's happy with a sexless marriage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now