Honeymoon

(6 Posts)
Dewhirst235 Thu 12-May-16 08:21:28

Hello all,

This year my partner and I are getting married and very kindly we have been given a honeymoon by my Grandparents and Parents, we decided when we were offered that we would go on the Honeymoon alone and leave our son in the care of my Parents and my Partners parents for the week.
But I am now having second thoughts, it has been playing on my mind a lot recently and I am not sure if we have made the right decision, a week is no time at all to an adult, but for a child it could be an excruciatingly long time and I don't want to be on holiday to find out he is distraught, or come back to him either being distant with us or even worse, fear us leaving him again.

Farahilda Thu 12-May-16 12:09:23

How old is he?

Another scenario is that he has such a marvellous time with the GPs, he asks to visit them more often. And that can be a good thing.

Dewhirst235 Fri 13-May-16 07:42:45

He's 3, and his birthday is in January.

I'm hoping for something along those lines, but I just don't want to be potentially causing harm to him.

spottytable Thu 26-May-16 08:30:11

It's a week, he'll be fine. I've left my dd for that long a number of times

Newjobwoes Sun 29-May-16 18:30:44

He will be fine, spoilt rotten but hey ho that's fine!

Go, enjoy yourselves and little one will have a fab time!

EdithWeston Sun 29-May-16 18:54:27

One week with capable and doting grandparents really isn't going to cause harm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now