advice on changing formula brand!

(6 Posts)
rachlouhart Sat 30-Apr-16 14:05:24

hi all after a bit of advice dd2 is 5 months she is combination breast and bottle fed, due to a infection left me with low milk supply, anyway ... dd2 has been on a certain brand of milk from birth shes never fully got on with it, always seems to not like the taste even, happen to run out of that milk and had a sample of another brand i got from hospial, wolfed that down, i know the ingredients of most infant formula are roughly the same, so just wondering if its safe to switch brands? she seems so much more content on this one and happy on it than other. (dd2 is 20 weeks)

dementedpixie Sat 30-Apr-16 18:54:31

Yes it's fine especially if it is suiting her better

strawberrypenguin Sat 30-Apr-16 18:55:57

Yep switch. We switched from SMA to cow and gate with no problems. I tasted both and they did taste very different!

rachlouhart Sat 30-Apr-16 19:14:14

thanks! i heard could cause belly ache. shes been on hipp, which to be honest doesnt smell great. and tried with the new aptamil profutura and for first time didnt fight it!

Daisyandbabies Sun 01-May-16 06:45:56

It's fine, especially at 5 months. It's messing around as a newborn that isn't great. She will eating lots of different foods soon, a change of milk is gonna be the least of her tummy's new exposures! smile

ConcreteUnderpants Mon 09-May-16 13:42:12

Yes, perfectly fine. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now