PIL

(6 Posts)
Laura280315 Sun 24-Apr-16 21:23:57

Hi all, ok not sure how to write this so sorry if I drone on.

My pil had agreed to have my ds's overnight (first time) after myself and DH have been invited to a memorial celebration for a family friend (my family not his) who died last year, they were planning on having DC at their house but due to circumstances they no longer have room.

Mil said they will come to our house and we will have to stay at my parents. We were planning on coming home as my parents are renovating and the house is organised chaos.

My problem is my mil is fairly intrusive and I feel abit uncomfortable with them staying in my house.

I know what most will think that iabu as they are kindly looking after DC and I am grateful but she does things like reads letters as in pulls them out of the envelope too read them. I have nothing to hide but I feel I have no privacy and it upsets me a little bit.

fuzzywuzzy Sun 24-Apr-16 21:25:58

Why can't you go to your home in the evening?
I find that odd.

Hide and lock all papers lock your bedroom door.

Laura280315 Sun 24-Apr-16 21:33:15

We don't currently have a spare bed so pil would have to stay in our bed,

I'm really odd and don't feel comfortable people staying in my marital bed, I know really pathetic but I just feel that the one space which is private and should remain that way. Not only that but I have twins so don't have much time to faf about changing beds before and after

CaptainAnkles Sun 24-Apr-16 21:52:37

Gather up anything remotely personal and lock it in a box or cupboard and take the key with you?

PotteringAlong Sun 24-Apr-16 21:55:40

Then tell them you don't need the babysitters and don't go.

janethegirl2 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:01:24

Any chance you can get a friend or professional babysitter in so you don't have to use your pil?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now