Night out tonight

(10 Posts)
Cleo81 Sat 09-Apr-16 11:18:54

Had a couples night out planned for a while. But dh has been ill off work on and off this week and was being sick on thursday. He went to work Friday fine and had an early night last night. He's had a decent nights sleep last night after sleeping poorly in the week. So cancelled the babysitter and said I would go out with my friend and her dh. All ok.

Friend texting today to say can we meet near her house, which is 30 mins away rather than planned place in middle of both of where we live. Said it was because her lg struggles to settle and they would be able to go back if grandparents who are babysitting are struggling.

Texted back to say not ideal as was planning on living car and collecting in morning and taxi home would be a lot of money. Plus, pretty boring where they live. We are only going for drinks, not meal. Over texts becomes apparent her dh feels funny coming out with us girls and because they have a babysitter she doesn't want to deprive him of s night out which I can understand.

However, I ve really been looking forwards to this night out. I don't go out much as two young dcs and hard to get babysitter. I ve had dcs all Easter hols on my own and really wanted some adult time. Asked dh he would come and we get back by
Midnight and drive so only have few drinks. He's refusing and says I am trying to push him into something.

Wwyd? Really want a night it but is it wrong to push dh into going when he doesn't want to?

RNBrie Sat 09-Apr-16 11:22:03

I wouldn't force dh out if he's not up to it. I'd ring around a couple of friends (ones without kids!) and find out what they were doing and tag along.

Cleo81 Sat 09-Apr-16 11:25:18

We haven't got any friends without kids who live local to us now.

Do you think her dh is being silly saying he doesn't want to go out as a three?

Also annoyed as it was going to be just me and friend and I suggested couples night and now I ve got no night out at all! Should have just stuck to girls night out.

RNBrie Sat 09-Apr-16 11:49:50

I think it's weird she wants to change the plans to being local to her... I don't really understand why the venue makes a difference to her dh coming or not. If he's awkward about coming why is it better for him to be closer to home? Can you stay the night with them?

Cleo81 Sat 09-Apr-16 12:00:53

She said she wants to change venue as her lg is being challenging at bedtime so thought local
Might be better if that happens. I said that if we're not meeting until 8.30 can't they wait until she's asleep then she said about dh feeling funny about it being 3 of us. So was bit of excuse I guess.

Feel like it's unfair for me to
Miss out because her dh feels funny about it when I was really looking forwards to a night out. Guess she's in a tricky situation.

RNBrie Sat 09-Apr-16 12:07:24

Sounds to me like she's not really up for it, there's two unexpected excuses in there with the dh and the unsettled children.

I feel for you, we rarely get a night out and I look forward to them when they happen! But in this case your options seem to be to go along with her plan or stay at home with dh. It's a bit shit but I'd probably buy a bottle of wine and order a takeaway with dh!

SimonLeBonOnAndOn Sat 09-Apr-16 12:17:09

I don't think my h would feel comfortable going out with 2 women.

Cleo81 Sat 09-Apr-16 15:26:17

Well it's sorted now and dh is coming but we won't go for long.

Think she was trying to just go out with her dh without me as didn't cancel her babysitter but then guess it's a tricky situation for her and wouldn't be nice to say to her dh she's going out without him. She does have form for trying to organise things to suit herself though.

Anyway sorted now

girlfrommars33 Tue 12-Apr-16 19:41:58

Yes her dh is being unreasonable. I like a girls night out as much as the next person but very happy to see people's partners too or meet partner's friends. Staggers me that people don't like going out with members of the opposite sex unless they're in a couple!

girlfrommars33 Tue 12-Apr-16 19:42:26

Hope he relaxed and you all enjoyed the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now