VIP Concert tickets are they ever worth it?

(6 Posts)
LuckyNumber25 Thu 07-Apr-16 13:11:45

Hi are VIP concert tickets worth it? I would dearly love to see Carole King in Hyde Park in the summer, but being of a certain age don't fancy standing up all day amongst crowds of people. But if I pooled birthday money and tightened my belt for a couple of months, I could just about afford the VIP ticket with free food and drink and somewhere to sit down. DH is not coming so I'd be on my own. I am not the sort of person who normally goes to concerts, let alone buys VIP ticket; but on the other hand feel a bit guilty about blowing what amounts to the cost of a long weekend for two on just one day. I've always been a Carole King fan and realise that this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. But I'd be really disappointed if it turned out that there was not much to choose between a VIP seat and a "premium view" for instance. It's not that I don't want to join "the riff-raff" just don't fancy being on my own in a huge crowd all day and having to shell out lots of money for food and drink and nowhere to sit down. Any advice would be appreciated.

Floralnomad Thu 07-Apr-16 13:15:14

If it was someone I really wanted to see I would pay a premium to guarantee a seat as I also am past the stage of having to stand up all day , does the VIP ticket actually guarantee a seat for the concert or an area where you can sit during the day .

LuckyNumber25 Thu 07-Apr-16 13:46:23

No, I don't think so, just somewhere where you can go and sit down from time to time. Presumably you can still hear the music even if you can't see the stage.

Heebiejeebie Fri 08-Apr-16 07:45:37

Summer garden? DEFINITELY worth it.

GabiSolis Sun 10-Apr-16 20:00:14

Ah see I bet this is the same or similar lay out to when I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers in Hyde Park. It was 12 years ago but I doubt much has changed. They had a beer garden and merchandise in a private area for VIP ticket holders, separate toilets (thankfully) but most importantly there was a 'pit' at the front which was in front of the general admission section. We wandered around that bit quite freely with no crush.

Was it worth it? Fuck yes, a million times over.

ihatethecold Sun 10-Apr-16 20:25:27

I saw Taylor swift in Hyde park last summer. The VIP area was at the side. It looked like they had a good view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now