Friends name calling your children

(25 Posts)
Mumsy26 Tue 05-Apr-16 17:54:54

I have been friends with this woman for almost 10 years. She has a 3 Year old son and I have 2 daughters under 2. She thinks the sub literally shines out of her sons behind. And because my daughter doesn't behave exactly how he does or if she doesn't do something she's immediately asked to she calls my daughter a stubborn little b*tch. I would never dream of calling her son a name let alone something as awful as that! She has done this on more than one occasion and it really upsets me. my daughter is not a b*tch she is however a curious over excited 2 Year old! Should I say something to her or do I risk our friendship becoming awkward or even ending over it.
What you'll you do?

MidnightVelvetthe5th Tue 05-Apr-16 17:56:33

What is your daughter doing?

ImperialBlether Tue 05-Apr-16 17:57:12

Why on earth are you friends with a woman who calls a child a bitch, never mind your two year old child?

Lilaclily Tue 05-Apr-16 17:57:24

I couldn't be friends with someone who calls two year old children a bitch
Is it the influence you want round your kids?
If you're sure you want to be friends still I'd meet her without the children

longdiling Tue 05-Apr-16 17:58:00

Christ alive, why would you want to remain friends with someone who is basically verbally abusing your toddler?! Say something about it at the very least - the friendship ending could only be a good thing surely!!

Groovee Tue 05-Apr-16 17:59:56

I would ask her not to call my daughter a bitch and if she had a problem, cut contact with her. Your daughter sounds like a 2 year old, they are strong willed and are learning their way in the world.

Mumsy26 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:02:20

Nothing out the ordinary for a child. If she okays with toys at her house or has dinner there. She says that she's wrecking the house. I always tidy/clean up after her though.

AnitaBush Tue 05-Apr-16 18:04:11

eh?

she calls your 2 year old a bitch and you're still considering this a friendship worth saving??

nope.

ThatsNotMyRabbit Tue 05-Apr-16 18:16:43

Sorry fir the terminology but are you bloody mental? Someone repeatedly calms your DD a bitch and you're still associating with her?!

🙄

Goingtobeawesome Tue 05-Apr-16 18:17:47

This is no friend.

JassyAlconleigh Tue 05-Apr-16 18:18:05

What an unspeakable thing to say about a child.

She sounds unhinged, verbally abusive and vulgar.

Get some nice new mates and do yourself and your child a favour.

Floggingmolly Tue 05-Apr-16 18:22:51

How long has this been going on? You know you are every bit as bad as she is; as you've stood by and let her verbally abuse your toddler and came back for more?
And you're wondering what to do??

Mumsy26 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:25:14

sad I already feel bad about this and it kills me everytime I hear her say it.

Chottie Tue 05-Apr-16 18:26:44

Pick up your DD and run for the hills

This woman is not a friend, she is pure poison......

legotits Tue 05-Apr-16 18:27:11

If I called my own child a bitch in friends company it would be mentioned never mind anyone else shock

girlandboy Tue 05-Apr-16 18:46:30

I already feel bad about this and it kills me everytime I hear her say it

Then don't put yourself in the position where you hear it ever again!

Cut contact.

AskingForAPal Tue 05-Apr-16 18:51:31

Mumsy - seriously, I think you've only been putting up with this because your children are so small you think they won't remember, and you're sort of hoping she'll stop before they are bigger? Well, she won't. What are you waiting for, one of your tiny girls to ask: "Mummy, why does Aunty X say I'm a bitch?"

I would tell her not to call my children names once (for some it's just a habit, she may not have thought about it) and if she ever did again, I'd cheerfully fuck her off.

llhj Tue 05-Apr-16 18:54:40

Is this a joke? A 'friend' calls your 2 year old a bitch and you're concerned about the firndship? Seriously?

originalmavis Tue 05-Apr-16 18:55:39

Oooh no, never call someone else's child something like that. it's horrible.

mrsjskelton Tue 05-Apr-16 19:03:10

Wow angry I'd be cleansing myself of that nasty piece of work!

Ringadingdingdong22 Tue 05-Apr-16 19:07:04

Is it done in a jokey or serious tone? Not that a jokey manner makes it any better. You need to distance yourself from her or confront her if she does it again.

LovelyFriend Tue 05-Apr-16 19:13:58

why would you be friends with someone who calls your child a bitch? Tell her it's not on, and find some new friends.

mortgagefreesoon5 Wed 06-Apr-16 11:25:40

I would tell her to f$$ck right off!
I am so angry on your behalf. I don't normally swear so it has more impact when I do.
Your little girl is sacred, NO ONE, should be allowed to call your child names. NEVER EVER. She has cross the friendship boundaries.
Who does she thinks she is? Sometimes for fear of being alone we make concessions in all kind of relationships but this is right out of order. Your need to protect your little ones, they only have you. Think of it as if you are mama lioness. Noone messes with your cubs. Make some other friends, join toddler groups, look after yourself, and please keep away from that "person". She is toxic

MadameJosephine Sat 23-Apr-16 13:59:18

Nobody would do this to my child twice OP. I'd have told her to fuck off the first time. If I were you I would keep your daughter well away from this horrible woman

StarryIllusion Sun 22-May-16 22:17:57

What kind of tone is this said in? Is it like a jokey "stubborn little bitch isn't she?" or is she actually addressing her? Not that it makes it any better but it would affect the way I would address it. If she is joking I would just laugh and say "Don't call her that, that's the last thing I want her repeating to her grandmother." If she was actually serious, I'd do my nut at her.

My family tend to swear a lot and have been known to refer to the kids/toddlers in a similar fashion. I.e. Name decided to redecorate with the spag bol, the little fucker. That sort of thing. Always said affectionately and never in front of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now