DD party dilemma...

(9 Posts)
Jellibobs Thu 24-Mar-16 17:49:33

Wondering if anyone can help!

My DD's bday always falls in May half term so we always try and plan a party outside the hols. DD is relatively new in her school and we found out yesterday one of her friend's birthdays is the week we were going to have her party. I've paid a small deposit (only last week!) and was going to keep it relatively small - invite family and a few of the girls from school who she's become friendly with.

To save messing around and guessing, I messaged friend's dad on FB today and asked if they were having a party because I didn't want to clash and it turns out they also have one booked for the same day but later on.

Do I:

1) keep the party as it is and risk 2 parties in one day
2) move it to the week before (so 2 weeks before DD bday)
3) move it later (so 3 weeks after DD bday once hols are over)

I've checked with the venue and they said we are ok to move.

rewardformissingmojo Thu 24-Mar-16 17:51:10

Why not have the party in the holiday?

iwantavuvezela Thu 24-Mar-16 17:53:13

Move it, I am sure it will be nice for her to have some friends from her class, and better to have party on separate weekends.

Jellibobs Thu 24-Mar-16 17:56:44

The new school gets 2 weeks in May so lots of families go on holiday then. When we've had a week previously, we've done it later (it's been the week after) but with the 2 weeks hols, 3 weeks after her birthday seems an awful long time!

SoupDragon Thu 24-Mar-16 18:02:29

I"d move it. Ask your DD which date she would prefer if you have no idea which to go for.,

lljkk Thu 24-Mar-16 18:11:22

2 parties in one day as long as they aren't same time.

starry0ne Thu 24-Mar-16 18:16:14

I would ask DD what she would prefer... Esp new school.. Would want friends to be available.. My DS's birthday comes over Easter some years not this year as it is early ...I never book it over hols... As many people can't make it.. I tend to give my DS the choice but we also have to factor in St George's day parade.

ineedaholidaynow Thu 24-Mar-16 18:17:22

DS has had a cinema party for his birthday treat for a few years. His birthday is in January when there are very few film releases and the films he always wants to see have been released in February. So he has had to wait 3-4 weeks for his party. He has been fine with that. Prolongs the birthday celebrations

Jellibobs Fri 25-Mar-16 12:55:48

Thank you all for your responses. I've moved it forward a week xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now