Birthday trip to London

(8 Posts)
SammiH14 Wed 09-Mar-16 11:22:09

I have booked tickets for the Muhammad Ali exhibition at the o2 for me and my partner, as a birthday gift, so have also had to book a hotel in London and have booked a restaurant. I have printed everything off, the tickets for the exhibition and the hotel and restaurant reservations, and am planning to give these to him on his birthday next week. Does anybody have any nice ideas of how to present them? I was just going to put them in his cards from me and our DS.

TIA smile

SammiH14 Thu 10-Mar-16 10:49:41

Anyone? smile

notagiraffe Thu 10-Mar-16 11:03:03

You can get London black cab, London Bus or Big Ben money boxes on Ebay. You could roll up the tickets inside one of those if you wanted a fun way to present it.

SammiH14 Thu 10-Mar-16 12:44:02

Aww fab, thank you notagiraffe

ivykaty44 Thu 10-Mar-16 12:50:24

Why not just give him the hotel over night, then on the day let the other events be a surprise?

My dds 21 we just told her we were having a day trip to London

Then took her to green park and said oh let's look for somewhere to grab breakfast - we walked down to the Wolsey and walked in. It was fab seeing her face as she realised we had reservations. We then did the same with afternoon tea.

I told DD I needed the loo and so we popped into fortnum and mason, then when we got out the lift on the fourth floor and I walked to the desk - again her face was a picture.

notagiraffe Thu 10-Mar-16 13:38:00

Or wrap it up with this

notagiraffe Thu 10-Mar-16 13:39:13

LOL. Wrong image! Meant to link to a boxing ring novelty toy on ebay! Laptop had other ideas. grin

Lweji Thu 10-Mar-16 13:43:15

Just to say I'm relieved it wasn't even a ring. (being MN and all I was expecting any sort of random cock ring at best)

Anyway, maybe present it all inside some boxing gloves?

I like the idea of finding the tickets to the exhibit in the hotel room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now