Annoyed by friends attitude AIBU

(5 Posts)
learnsomethingnew Sun 14-Feb-16 12:17:38

My best friend of 25 years has been caught up in a whirlwind romance and is getting married. I don't see her anymore which isn't a problem but I don't hear from her either which is very out of character. Her fiancé has been very rude to me every time I've met him. I hadn't said anything up until recently when she messaged me for my address. That's when I found out about the wedding. Although I think it's too soon it's her life to live and I'd back her all the way I'm concerned about her lack of contact with other people and the fact he's arrogant and rude to someone who supposedly means so much to her. What would you do?

learnsomethingnew Sun 14-Feb-16 12:20:58

Sorry should have also said she can't see his bad attitude even though others can

learnsomethingnew Sun 14-Feb-16 14:38:46

Anyone?

AllChangeLife Sun 14-Feb-16 14:42:58

Yabu and Yanbu.

People do tend to go into a black hole when they are in whirlwind romances. Has she stopped replying to you or stopped taking the lead in meeting up?

If it is what you are implying, that he is actually quite nasty to her and is stopping her seeing people, then try to meet up with her for a girls night or something and see how it goes and if she opens up. If you tell her what you think,though, you will lose her .

learnsomethingnew Sun 14-Feb-16 16:04:00

She said he treats her really well and did not see what I could mean that he is rude to me, even though it was obvious to the other person in the room. This was 2 separate occasions too so not like it's a one off. He gets in with everyone she said. So either he has a problem with me personally although how can that be when he knows nothing about me? It he is like this with everyone and she just can't see it. She is a lively person but practically a doormat in relationships I've seen it time and time again. She was obviously the other woman in a previous relationship but would not accept that either. I've said to her he won't get a third chance to be rude because I'll end up saying something but I won't have someone speak to me like that especially with no good reason. I won't be in his company ever again that's for sure and I have told her that. I don't think he tells her she can't do something but he keeps her so busy she has no time for anyone else. She isn't keeping in touch like she used to with anyone by the sounds of it and that's worrying alone. Haven't spoken to her kids for a while but they weren't happy with his attitude either. She says they love him. I don't know whether to just say go off and live your life and I'll always be here or what. I know I'm going to lose my friend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now