the boys have left home!

(2 Posts)
Concerned97 Wed 10-Feb-16 07:50:33

So, firstly OH and I have great relationship. I have a very stressful job, OH a very physical job.

Our sons have just moved out, so the busyness of them being in the house has stopped.

We find ourselves at a bit of a loss as to know what to do with our "spare" time. I'm finding I'm working, TV, sleep and that's it. I would like to do more physical stuff but OH is tired physically at the end of the day. But watching TV and being home every night is getting boring. I realise once the spring/summer arrives that we will be outside more but I need a distraction to be able to wind down after work.

When the boys were still at home, they were a constant 'distraction' always needing something or telling you something.

Any suggestions?

OH is feeling much the same, we are becoming couch potatoes.

Quoteunquote Wed 10-Feb-16 10:51:47

Plan lots of small trips, start getting out ,

buy a mini motor home (seems to be what all the empty nesters around here do), go to festivals, join the ramblers, volunteer for path building with the national trust,

don't start an allotment yet or anything else that ties you down, you have both been so well trained to just be in one place as a facility team for your offspring, you need to break out of that cycle.

Quick get out there and do lots of different small fun things together, until you find things you both enjoy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now