little op in pubic area, what to do with the hair???

(4 Posts)
lovebeyondwords Wed 03-Feb-16 02:05:40

So I'm having a small growth cut out for biopsy on Thursday, which is low down my tummy in the public hair regionhmm
It's an odd shape and ragged (hense the biopsy ) and I couldn't shave over it (might cut a bit off with the razor) and I'm too bloody embarrassed to get it waxed (beautician night run for the hills).
So what to do? Leave it trimmed but some hair/ shave around it/ Leave it for the doctor to find in the bush? I'm assuming they'll need it hair free to cut it out and stitch? Holy fuck, this is stressing me out more than the worry about the big c word (cancer not c**t!!) HELP!

LeaLeander Wed 03-Feb-16 02:14:14

I am sure they are prepared to do what is necessary. You might want to just leave it to the professionals. Good luck!

ScarletForYa Wed 03-Feb-16 02:16:53

I'd totally leave your hair. The doctors will prepare the area as they see appropriate. I wouldn't shave and risk cutting yourself.

Perhaps your feeling nervous about the op and the hair issue is a distraction?

Anyway, best of luck OP, hope it all goes well for you.flowers

GrinAndTonic Wed 03-Feb-16 05:31:41

Just leave it. If they want it shaved they will do it in surgery after you have been anaesthetised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now