Does any one let their lo's watch tv ?

(5 Posts)
Sammieezmay91 Wed 27-Jan-16 17:03:33

My LO likes baby tv after her feeds as I let her play with a toy in her chair while her milk settles. Does anyone let their LO,s watch baby tv or any other ?

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Jan-16 17:08:21

I speak as an ex CM\nanny EY teacher M of 3 very bright adults and yes I used to let them watch a bit of baby TV which is sooo good nowadays . No probs. just don't leave her for long and do lots of other things with her, one to one!!

SnookyWookyWooWoo Thu 28-Jan-16 22:00:42

Of course. As long as you interact with your baby lots I see no reason why a bit of telly will hurt? I just wouldnt put it on for hours on end - handy when you need to get some washing up done though!

BertieBotts Thu 28-Jan-16 22:05:06

As a baby, I didn't particularly turn it off and would quite often watch stuff around him, but I never put the TV on specifically for him. It's better for them to be on the floor IMO if you can safely leave them there. On a mat or something, obviously smile Or in a sling so they can be up and see what you're doing.

I did use those baby chairs and they are fab if you need a safe place to leave them while you get something done but I think it's better for their muscles if they can move around and explore things rather than being moved from one kind of seat to the other all the time.

Of course, if it's just for short periods, then there isn't any problem with it.

Xmasbaby11 Thu 28-Jan-16 22:06:33

From about 18 months I did yes. Cbeebies is great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now