presents

(9 Posts)
tinktet88 Thu 21-Jan-16 20:12:37

Hi all
I'm a mother of a 3 year old who recently started playing group twice a week and one of the little girls there is having a birthday party soon and has invited my Lil one. Don't really know the child or mother have seen them at play group but they sit with there friends in a corner not interacting with anyone else but when have briefly chatted have seemed nice. My Lil ones looking forward to the party as am I as might be chance to meet new people. But my quandary is how much do I spend on a present? What is acceptable? Don't want to look like not made effort or cheap.

Schwabischeweihnachtskanne Thu 21-Jan-16 20:22:29

Its a bit tricky the first time your child is invited to a party as you don't know the local "normal". I'd say anywhere between 5 and 10 pounds... but it depends, obviously if you shop around you can look as if you have spent more than you really have... I wouldn't worry too much if your child isn't especially friendly with the other child - are we talking 2nd birthdays here? I'd put more effort in if the children are actually friends (whether you are friends with the mother or not, its nice when kids pick their own friends...)

I would gently suggest not referring to your child as "My Lil one" on MN... Say child or "DC" (Darling Child) or refer to them as "my 2 year old/ 3yo ...

Abbinob Thu 21-Jan-16 20:27:08

You'll be accused of bring a nethunner wink
I think about a tenner or just under maybe a floor puzzle/play doh set/sound book thing or something like that

4yoniD Thu 21-Jan-16 20:37:39

I aim for 5 quid plus card.

FortyFacedFuckers Thu 21-Jan-16 20:41:39

I do £10

Pobspits Thu 21-Jan-16 20:52:36

£7/8

ZenNudist Thu 21-Jan-16 20:58:06

£5& cheapie card. No more than £8.

tinktet88 Thu 21-Jan-16 20:59:39

Thanks guys feel better about going shopping now smile

redhat Thu 21-Jan-16 21:03:49

£7-8 is the norm here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now