Friend on local Facebook group

(6 Posts)
findyourbacon Thu 07-Jan-16 13:37:18

I can't work out if I'm being petty so wanted to get some other opinions.

I have a friend, let's call him Bob. I've been friends with Bob for many years since we were sat uni (20 yrs ago). We get on well on a superficial level and now we've got kids the same age we see each other occasionally. We live in different areas of the same city and I've noticed he has been posting on a Facebook group I am on - but it's a local group to me but not to him at all. We're not at opposite ends of the city but the group is about local recommendations and services, and I'm just not sure why he's on there. It feels a bit strange.

I've also just discovered he's Facebook friends with my mum - who he's never met. I can't work out why. And I can't work out why it bothers me!!

Would you say anything to him or would it just sound loony if I mentioned it??

aginghippy Thu 07-Jan-16 13:39:51

What do you want to say to him?

NerrSnerr Thu 07-Jan-16 13:43:09

Why not ask your mum why they're fb friends? (Unless she is the kind to accept friend requests from randoms). What do you actually want to ask him? Are you worried he's overly interested in you?

findyourbacon Thu 07-Jan-16 13:44:47

I want to say 'why the hell are you on a Facebook group that's nothing to do with where you live, and why do you want to be friends with my mum on Facebook??'

I think it's odd.

aginghippy Thu 07-Jan-16 13:46:54

It is odd. Whatever response he gives will probably be odd.

findyourbacon Thu 07-Jan-16 13:53:51

NerrSnerr I don't think there are any ulterior motives towards me so that doesn't worry me at all. I don't think it's sinister either - just a bit odd!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now