Gym stopped taking my direct debit payments and appears to be closed down.

(2 Posts)
CinnamonBunYou Tue 05-Jan-16 12:59:40

Signed up to a gym last year in April for a year's contract. Only went for a month because I struggled to find childcare and could no longer go. I still paid my monthly direct debit because I signed a contract and didn't want to get into arrears or whatever.

Last month and this month they haven't taken a payment out of my bank. I've tried ringing but no one answers and I walked past this morning and thought I would call in and talk to them but it was shut and I've just walked past now on my lunch and it was still shut. I walk past it everyday but I've not noticed until today whether it was open or not. I'm assuming it's closed down but there were no signs or anything and I had a look online and couldn't find anything.

I probably sound like a right moron, but I'm worried now about getting into debt with them. I have put aside the money they usually take just in case they do contact me and want it so I'm not bothered about paying them the money, I just don't want it passed onto a debt collection agency or for it to affect my credit score.

Any advice would be appreciated smile

OnTheSunnySide Tue 05-Jan-16 13:02:51

just cancel your direct debit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now