about this workmanship?

(2 Posts)
sweetheart Tue 01-Dec-15 20:44:05

A couple of months ago we had our boiler moved and water cylinder refitted.
A few days after the work was completed we had a leak in the middle of the night. I called the plumber at 7am and he came straight to fix it.
The system has been making some odd noises and we were on the vergeof calling him yo ddiscuss this but tonight a pipe has burst and we've had water pouring through the ceiling again. I've xalled him and he's on his way round but not sure exactly what to expect when he gets here.
Should I be asking for insurance details? Im sure he'll fix the burst pipe but what about the noises and what if it happens again.
Im not used to employing workmen so not sure what I should be asking for. Our ceiling is ruined etc
Dh says we should really have he floors up and ceilings down etc.
I didn't worry about the ceiling the first time as we have lots of other work to get done in the house.

Wombat87 Tue 01-Dec-15 20:47:37

I would be asking him what he's going to do to about the damage caused and take it from there. Obviously things will need to be repaired outside of the pipe work (ceilings etc) so decide how far you want to take it. When builders have damaged our property they've repaired and paid for replacements. Depends on what his response is. Hopefully he'll just suggest you quote for damage and he'll pay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now