Copyright infringement??

(9 Posts)
Madamecastafiore Sun 28-Jun-15 19:57:11

Woman at DSs school, not someone I would call a friend, more an acquaintance has trained as a chef.

She has started posting pictures of meals on Facebook which she professes to have made for 'private dining' clients.

Now it's obvious that the pictures are professional pictures and have actually been pulled from Google.

The 2 I looked up say they may be subject to copyright.

Would you say something or just let her get into trouble?

She did this with other things previously and others have noticed as she did things like posting pictures of solar events saying she saw them on way to work when they weren't visible in this country.

Madamecastafiore Sun 28-Jun-15 21:24:41

Anyone?

BunnyPotter Sun 28-Jun-15 21:33:01

I'd leave her to it really. Unless she's taken any of your photos, then you're going to look like a not very nice person for checking the copyright on her photos!

mrssmith79 Sun 28-Jun-15 21:34:34

Do a Google reverse image search and call her out on her thread with the results (assuming you're happy for her never to speak to you again grin )

Madamecastafiore Sun 28-Jun-15 21:54:43

None of my images, I don't have a professional take photos of what I cook!

I was erring on not saying anything but DH said he'd call her on it if it were someone he knew.

I don't want to get into a spat with her though but equally feel a bit shit that everyone sees her as a bit of a deluded loon!

JustHavinABreak Sun 28-Jun-15 23:07:30

I would stay out of it if I were you. In the nicest possible way, why does it concern you? Not your photos, not your dinner party so not your place. You just never know what's going on with that woman or what's going through her head. If anything it sounds like she needs a bit of gentleness, not exposure as some kind of fraud.

griselda101 Sun 28-Jun-15 23:10:46

i think i would personally avoid mentioning, although you could do a "caring" point out (in private to her only) saying you have seen the image/s before (link to Google) and point out she might get into trouble for publishing the work that's not hers, so should probably only use things she has actually done to avoid issues. Then it looks like you're trying to protect her rather than point out her wrongs.

tobysmum77 Mon 29-Jun-15 19:04:15

I'd just laugh...

tobysmum77 Mon 29-Jun-15 19:05:41

If you breach copyright in the main the owner will just tell you to take it down. You don't get sent to the tower .....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now