Aaargh! Just inadvertently hoovered up a cat poo

(8 Posts)
cosIsaidso Thu 18-Jun-15 19:01:52

Can anyone help? I have just hoovered up a cat poo which was hiding under a mat meant to stop cat litter spreading over the floor. Any ideas?

Sparklingbrook Thu 18-Jun-15 19:06:02

oh no! I think you should spend the rest of the evening shopping for a new vacuum.

Sleepyfergus Thu 18-Jun-15 19:10:48

Presume it was a hard poo? What kind of hoover do you have?

If Dyson type, you can empty and then swill out with weak bleachy water and leave to dry completely before reattaching. If a bagged hoover, just pop a new one in.

I wouldn't stress out too much over it!

Toofat2BtheFly Thu 18-Jun-15 19:18:49

I can't help with the Hoover situation but if it makes u feel better .... The cat had been accidentally shut in a bedroom today , she had pooed ... I went to the bathroom to get some tissue .. Too late , the dog had ate it !! blush

Lottiedoubtie Thu 18-Jun-15 19:19:51

ummm I dont understand what you want help with?

Sleepyfergus Thu 18-Jun-15 19:20:16

Oh god, we're good at doing shutting the cats in a room by accident, then I have to go and sniff every nook and crannie in case of poo. Yuck!

cosIsaidso Thu 18-Jun-15 21:11:53

No, it was not hard poo. It was semi soft & is now all over the inside of my hoover. It's an upright

RockinHippy Wed 15-Jul-15 03:56:43

Hoover up a mix of cat litter to dry it out, plus bicarbonate of soda to soak up the smell - leave overnight & then empty the Hoover

Check hose etc, if showing signs of wet or stuck cat poo, remove from The Hoover, pour & pour hydrogen peroxide down the hose, then pour more bicarbonate of soda, this should get rid of most of it & neutralise the smell- if you need to scrub at it, try an undone wire coat hanger attached to an old toothbrush or similar - then spray whole thing inside & out with Febreeze & wipe down

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now