DH in agony

(15 Posts)
Chippychop Sun 14-Jun-15 01:49:06

Poor DH has an infection in his scrotum. He was given first anti b's on thurs am, we rang OOH dr on thurs night as he was in a lot of pain he was prescribed co- codamol which I collect in the early hours. Today we revisited dr in person as there was no change and dr prescribed more specific anti b's. DH is currently in the bath to try and get some pain relief as he's in agony. He's had as much co codamol and ibuprofen as he's allowed. But I don't think he'll get through the night without something else. Do I call the drs again? It doesn't seem right he's in so much pain. WWYD?

xmaslisa Sun 14-Jun-15 01:51:24

Call 111 and if they don't offer you an appointment A&E. Good luck

Chippychop Sun 14-Jun-15 02:24:10

He's been in the bath and the swelling burst somewhere - it stinks, must be the infection. He's in pain and I've called out of hrs drs Service and am just waiting for a call back

madmother1 Sun 14-Jun-15 02:39:08

I would take him to A&E. If he's in that much pain still. Trust your gut feeling. Hope he'll be ok. Let us know.

Chippychop Sun 14-Jun-15 02:47:27

Honestly in any other situation I'd ring a KLAXON alert... He's got back in a clean bath. Selfishly I don't want to take him to A&E as the DC are fast asleep. More later

SwearySwearyQuiteContrary Sun 14-Jun-15 02:47:59

Go to A&E. That level of pain and the symptoms you've described would definitely warrant a visit.

Chippychop Sun 14-Jun-15 03:14:37

Dr called DH can have more co codamol and ibuprofen. We're to go to the out of hrs drs tomorrow morning. Things are a bit calmer, although painful the pressure has eased now something has popped.

Jenda Sun 14-Jun-15 03:22:32

Ouch! ! poor bloke. ice pack might help if he can bear it?

differentnameforthis Sun 14-Jun-15 03:51:05

Heat won't help with infections, the heat can cause the infected material to spread, get him out the bath & get a cool/ice pack on it.

Chippychop Sun 14-Jun-15 10:41:51

Went to OOH drs this morning and they've referred us to casualty and are waiting for the surgical dr to come and examine

TheoriginalLEM Sun 14-Jun-15 10:49:56

poor dh, at least they can give him some proper pain relief, ask for tramadol

madmother1 Sun 14-Jun-15 15:18:38

Please update us ?

Chippychop Mon 15-Jun-15 23:27:09

It's all been quite exhausting. So yesterday we went to the OOH clinic at 930am who referred us the surgical drs
Who admitted him. DH was operated on for a perineum abscess at 1130pm last night. Seems the infection was growing deeper down. When they opened him up it was bigger than they thought. Anyway it's cleaned and packed. He's to get it dressed each day at our local surgery. He has been in the worst pain. He came home tonight at 9pm exhausted and still in some pain- as you'd expect having been sliced and left with an open wound. I've googled (shock) and it looks like a slow potentially painful healing process. To think this time last week he thought he had piles! Much juggling of DC, dog care etc has been done. We are all exhausted. Talk about valuing your health!

Haggisfish Mon 15-Jun-15 23:32:10

Ooooh I'm wincing in sympathy. Hope he starts to felt better soon.

BikeRunSki Mon 15-Jun-15 23:36:46

Ooooh, sounds horrid. I hope he recovers quickly without too much pain and no more complications. I might show this post to DH who is off for the snip for the second time later this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now