Why does a stranger want our DS's photo?

(4 Posts)
Rainbow Thu 28-May-15 19:28:22

My exDH worked with a Nigerian man. Although not close friends, they are on the same team and swapped phone numbers. When I connected my exDH to whatsapp, the man's number connected and his profile picture was of my 3 yo DS with half his father's face in a vain attempt to crop ExDH out. My exDH confronted him and asked where he got the picture from. He said facebook but the photo was never put on facebook, he was adament that is where he got it from. The Nigerian man did eventually remove my DS's photo from his profile. He then moved back to Nigeria. He has since messaged my exDH and asked for a photo of my DS. Just my 4 yo DS and no-one else in the picture. ExDH has obviously refused his request.
Where and how did he get the picture in the first place?
Why does he want it? My son is white and he is black so it's not that he can pass him off as his own! (more creepy thoughts come in at this point!!)
Am I being ridiculous and overprotective being concerned?
Who can I contact/report it to if any one at all?

scratchandsniff Thu 28-May-15 19:36:06

How very odd. I would not like that at all. Not sure you can report it to anyone but I'd block him on Facebook, whatsapp etc. Could it be a photo Of a photo? Did DH keep one on his work desk? Is their anything particularly striking about your DS? if there was a sinister motive surely he wouldn't ask for a photo. Still strange whatever the reason.

Rainbow Fri 29-May-15 19:17:28

The picture was on exDH's phone, he doesn't have a desk. Nothing particularly striking about him. Have deleted his number and whatsapp. Just worried that he has more photos I don't know about confused

mrstweefromtweesville Fri 29-May-15 19:20:59

Report to police Child Protection, just in case its dodgy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now