Helpful Neighbour cutting my lawn

(8 Posts)
MrsUnderwood Sat 23-Aug-14 12:07:07

I live next door to a very nice retired couple. My next door neighbour has recently taken to cutting my lawn and recently took a strimmer to my overgrown back garden, which means my family can actually use it!

I am ridiculously grateful (he volunteered to do it because he loves gardening) and want to get him something nice as a present. However, he's diabetic and has another couple of medical problems that mean things like chocolate & wine are out of the window. I asked his wife but according to her he's not interested in music, films or books.

I wonder if you guys had any suggestions? I've already told them that if they ever need a favour I'd be glad to help. I would like to get him something special as I'm very touched he's done this for us.

Fatgirlnomore Sat 23-Aug-14 12:08:47

A garden centre voucher / gardening gloves etc ?

Sparklingbrook Sat 23-Aug-14 12:09:08

He is into gardening presumably , so a garden centre voucher? Or a book about gardening, or even a plant or a tub for his own garden?

WiggleGinger Sat 23-Aug-14 12:09:49

I was gonna suggest some new nice gardening gloves.

Vouchers are a great idea!

A fancy watering can?

A kneeler??

SavoyCabbage Sat 23-Aug-14 12:13:22

A bird house.

There are lots of outdoor gift ideas on the RSPB website.

MrsUnderwood Sat 23-Aug-14 12:18:01

I did think about gardening stuff, just wasn't sure what specifically would make a good gift! The suggestions are great; there's a big garden centre not far away with some nice stuff in it.

Thanks guys!

MrsUnderwood Sat 23-Aug-14 12:18:31

Ooh Savoy he's nuts about birds!

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sat 23-Aug-14 12:43:11

If he feeds the birds get him some quality bird seed.
Sunflower hearts are great because there is no mess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now