9 yr old

(2 Posts)
grumpychops1 Fri 15-Aug-14 18:09:56

9 yr old keeps telling me he wants to live with his dad. He's not unhappy here with us, it's usually just when he sees his brother who chose to live with him.
Brother is always in trouble and had a SW. SW is concerned and have admitted he's being alienated. SW is suggesting psychiatric assesment for dad in a S7 report due to court.
9 yr old is making life really difficult, threats, anger etc. I get no help from his dad at all and he's hasn't turned up once for him for interim contact which was arranged, 9yo still thinks dads the bees knees. I know living with dad would not be good for him at all, he'd end up going the same way as his brother, but in the other hand I don't want him feeling like I'm keeping him here and him hatin me.
Wwyd?

ColdCottage Fri 15-Aug-14 18:19:37

I think at 9 he is old enough to understand in a basic way why you feel he is best to stay with you.

Perhaps say you will review it with him when he is 11 and about to go to big school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now