benefit review

(5 Posts)
tonisha12 Wed 13-Aug-14 19:37:33

Hi. I have received a letter today from dwp to attend a work focus interview and along with the letter I received another letter saying they want me to take passport, utility bill, rent agreement, bank statements in so they can discuss the benefit I am getting to ensure I'm getting the right amount. It's also says you should note that where there is doubt about whether the conditions for entitlement are met your benefit may be affected.
I rang them up and they said it's a yearly review because I made my claim last August.

Has anyone else received a letter the same letter? I get worried really easily, I'm not doing anything wrong but it's just worrying me a little bit.

Thank you xx

fairgame Wed 13-Aug-14 20:58:25

This is completely normal and nothing to worry about. I have to attend these interviews as i am on IS due to my son being disabled.
Make sure you attend otherwise you could end up being sanctioned.

tonisha12 Wed 13-Aug-14 21:13:37

I've been on IS about 4 years back and never had one of these letters, is it something new they have brought in? I phoned them today and she said it's a yearly review and not to worry I wasn't being singled out. They wouldn't be able to lie on the phone to me can they? I'm probably worrying too much when I dont need to.

fairgame Thu 14-Aug-14 09:32:46

I was on it in 2011 and had one after 6 months. This time ive been on IS for 10 months and not haf one yet. My friend has to go every 6-12 months as well. It's really nothing to worry about everyone has to go to them.

tonisha12 Thu 14-Aug-14 20:38:51

OK thank you for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now