School reunion

(3 Posts)
iklboo Tue 29-Jul-14 19:06:24

Just found out that the girl (well, woman now) who made my life a living hell for nearly 2 years is going to the school reunion. It's making me NOT want to go.

I've not seen or spoken to her for donkey's years but the thought of her still makes me feel ill. confused

It's not like I can avoid her on the night as she's now friends with the one person I was most looking forward to seeing.

I'm being a dork, aren't i? sad

schmizaj Wed 30-Jul-14 14:04:23

Nope not a dork school experiences can leave an indelible impression on a person and affect how feel about self and school. Understand would want to avoid that but you were looking forward to it, and it would be totally unfair if you missed out because of her. Either avoid her at event, think about how you used to react when she was being a cow at school and find a different way to react if do talk to her, go with someone so feel more re-enforced, put on an act of being super confident, pretend you can't remember her name or call her by slightly the wrong name! or have a Jeremy kyle style confrontation with her "you made my life hell for 2 years, what are you going to do about it!!??"

Went to reunion and was told I 'looked exactly the same', nothing meant by it i'm sure, maybe way of saying I looked young but I like to thing I looked much better than frizzy haired awkwardness I was then. So maybe think of confusing backhanded comments that could be made.....

iklboo Wed 30-Jul-14 17:57:51

Thanks schmizaj. She probably won't even remember me! I'm sure there'll be loads of other people I can catch up with & avoid her as much as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now