Weekend away and sickness bug

(8 Posts)
therealeasterbunny Sat 05-Jul-14 07:11:31

It is my best friends hen weekend this weekend, which I have been looking forward to for ages, it is all paid for, and I even got myself a new dress and shoes. (I can't remember the last time I got something for myself, all my money goes on my DC!)

Anyway, as is typical in these situations, on Wednesday my DS came down with a sickness bug, which DH and I then got yesterday. Ours actually didn't manifest itself in sickness, we just had diarrhoea, but felt really sick all day and couldn't eat anything.

I feel fine this morning, haven't had a bad tummy since about 11am yesterday, and DS hasn't been sick for 36 hours. So my question is, am I safe to go on the hen do?

I really really want to go, but is this massively selfish? I haven't had a weekend away since before my DS was born and I was so looking forward to going sad

GingerRodgers Sat 05-Jul-14 07:14:21

I'm so sorry but you can't go. You'll pass it on to everyone. thanks

Only1scoop Sat 05-Jul-14 07:17:38

I think you may pass it on....

therealeasterbunny Sat 05-Jul-14 07:19:18

Oh nooooooooo! So unfair! Why do these things always happen at the worst possible time?! What about if I don't go today but go tomorrow so I atleast get to enjoy half of it? By then I'll have had a clear 48 hours?

tobysmum77 Sat 05-Jul-14 08:35:25

if you just felt sick but are now ok of course you can go.

tobysmum77 Sat 05-Jul-14 08:36:14

ok so you had the sh1ts didn't read it properly, maybe not then.

CocktailQueen Sat 05-Jul-14 08:38:14

You can go tomorrow after you've been clear for 48 hours. Crap timing, op! But better going to half than passing on the bug to everyone!

Trooperslane Sat 05-Jul-14 08:41:10

I think you'll be fine.

Very stringent hand washing just to be sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now