Party invitations

(6 Posts)
franbella5 Wed 02-Jul-14 22:10:43

Not a very serious problem, but I would appreciate some advice please. My daughter's birthday is in late august. She goes to a nursery that has school summer holidays. I don't know many of the mothers, but still want to do a birthday party for her and invite all of her class. I was wondering about having a party the first weekend after they are back at nursery, but sending out invitations next week as I know we'll not see most if them until the new term starts- is sending invitations out then bonkers?
Thanks for any help/ideas you may have.

MumOfTheMoos Wed 02-Jul-14 22:14:21

Sounds perfect to me!

Sounds like an excellent plan - but probably best to specifically ask for mobile numbers / replies by text so that you have the means to remind people nearer the time.

I was talking to a parent with a late August born child the other day and she was trying to work out how to cram in a party this term or in the holidays. The more I thought about it, the more the best solution was exactly what you are planning.

franbella5 Wed 02-Jul-14 22:27:27

Thank you- I feel vindicated! I was worried people would think I was being crazy uptight lady, which, of course, is far from the truth.

Purpleroxy Wed 02-Jul-14 22:44:52

It's fine. Ds received a party invite in July for a oarty in September for a child with an August birthday. Dd has also had this. Also another August born I know sometimes has his party towards the end of the summer term.

ChillySundays Mon 07-Jul-14 20:09:57

My DS is late August. When he was younger I found either a party near the end of the summer term or a couple of weeks into the autumn term (giving invites out as soon as back in September.
Make sure they know how old she will be. I used to put what birthdy it was otherwise parents would presume he was a september baby and there would be cards with the wrong age, No biggy for us adults but he found it upsetting
If sending invites out now may need to remind people once back to school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now