Have you made decisions about what will happen to you when you become elderly/suffer from Dementia etc?

(1 Post)
CheshireDing Tue 01-Jul-14 20:10:03

I hope I have put this in the right place, feel free to tell me otherwise if not though.

I have been watching the Protecting Our Parents series (it was on a few weeks ago I think but we had it recorded). It has made me discuss with DH what we would do if we need help to the degree the people on the programme have done.

We are only 37 now but our current house is up for sale and we are looking for our "final" house (DH fed up of moving). We have a toddler and a baby and would like No3. It made me think we will hold our next house as Tenants in Common in equal shares so that if one of us did have to go in a care home at least they could only take 50% of the value of the house to cover the fees.

I am interested to know if people have thought what they will do and whether they have put anything in place. Any thoughts/opinions really appreciated which might help me decide what (if anything) DH and I should do.

The programmed seemed so sad and depressing, I really felt for the families and pensioners involved sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now